Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Joel Osteen Says Bless Others

Joel Osteen, a Christian author and Pastor of Lakewood church, a church with 38,000 people in attendance every week, recently published the book Become a Better You. You can get it in most bookstores or online as an audio version through iTunes as I did. Everyday, Joel and I work out together while he ministers to me.

In the chapter titled "Being good to people," Joel suggests waking up and not only looking for blessings in our lives, but to be a blessing to others. He believes that you'll end up with so many blessings of your own, you won't know what to do with them all. His thought it that if you bless others, God will bless you.

And it doesn't have to be some monumental thing. Simply holding the door open for someone else or complimenting them can be a blessing to them.

Joel is right. We're all on this merry go around of life together so why be so selfish or self-centered? Why not help someone else along the way?

In an effort to walk the walk, I stopped to talk to a person I know from church in the supermarket. I don't know her real well, but that doesn't matter. I knew she was new to our church and I wanted to make her feel welcome. I even complimented her on her newly done hairdo which looked particularly good that day. Hopefully I brought cheer to her day in some way.

Give it a try. See how many ways you can bless others and then take note of all the wonderful things God does for you as a result.

Wishing you "Blessings from Above,"
Denise

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am a 55 year old schoolteacher who has just worked a 5 month contract teaching post in a small surfing village in South Africa. I have been alone during this time with only my television for night time companionship. TBN was a huge "upper" for me and someone who really "grabs" me is Mr Joel Osteen. What a wonderful, warm young man he is and so so wise !
Warmest Regards,
Roy Baxter