Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bless It Forward


You know the saying "Pay it Forward" which talks about taking a good deed that has happened to you and turning around and doing something similar for others? Well blessings can work the same way. Take the blessings you receive and use them to bless others.

Everyone was born with a spiritual gift given from God. It can be anything. I consider my writing to my spiritual gift, but everyone has something different. It could be the gift of speaking, the gift of making crafts, or building furniture. Maybe it's the ability to work with young children or the elderly. No matter what it is, God planted it within you and that's the reason you desire to some of the things you do.

The key is recognizing those gifts and doing something with them. A talented singer's beautiful voice that doesn't produce music, whether it be in the shower or on stage, is no more useful than the scrap booking supplies cluttered all over my craft table not getting used. I leave them sitting there because I am not real talented in that area. I desired to be, but I am not. And let me tell you, the scrap booking materials aren't taking care of themselves. There is no completed scrap book or handmade cards to speak of that would brighten someone else's day. That's why I stick to writing. I feel that it is my strength and that I can use it to entertain, motivate, educate, and inspire others.

Not all that long ago I ran into a wonderful woman who I know I'd be good friends with if I saw her more often. We're both very busy and she lives a little bit of a distance away so I don't see her as often as I'd like. I ran into her at a quilt show at Wheaton Arts in New Jersey and she expressed to me how much she loved an article that I wrote for AssociatedContent.com It's called "Lose Weight Doing In-Home Walking with Leslie Sansone." She said once she read the article she went out and bought the DVD's and got really into it. As a result, she' s lost weight and even started a health and wellness program at her job. The women she works with are really into it now and she even motivates them by setting goals and offering Leslie Sanson's DVD as prizes. How great is that? This is all because I wrote an article. Wow. If I didn't do it, none of this may have happened.

So please, if you have a gift lingering inside of you that you are just dying to do but can't seem to find the time or motivation, please get to it! You never know what positive blessings that you may "pay forward" to others with the blessing that God has placed in you.

Wishing you "Blessings from Above,"
Denise

2 comments:

Reflections Magazine editor said...

What a great post...so inspiring. You have given an excellent example of how we can all help eachother, sometimes in the simplest of ways. It may appear insignificant to us, but our actions and words make a huge difference for so many folks out there yearning for a little love or as you say "some blessings from above."

Love your posts and your blog!

Gina Conroy said...

Came via the carnival! Great thoughts on blessing it forward. When I feel like I'm working hard (for others) I often keep this in mind!