Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Blessed at GodBlog Conference!


Standing in line at Starbuck's a surveyed the people around me. Most had tote bags filled to the rim. Some had laptop bags and their iPod's earbuds tucked in their ears. I wonder if they were ProBloggers, novices or like me, somewhere in between - sorta knowledgeable but had more to learn.

This would be my first time in Las Vegas and my first blogging conference. BlogWorld Expo was a weekend long conference that ran last weekend, Sept. 20-21st. It was a five hour flight from home in Jersey, but it was well worth it. I financed the $280 conference (I got a discount!) by writing for other online venues so I didn't even feel guilty about going. I loved the fact that not only did they have a secular part of the expo, but they had specific tracks including GodBlog which was specifically geared toward Christians. What a miracle it was that this niche was included in the conference!

The weekend was packed with tons of information from keynote speakers and breakout session speakers. It will probably take me a few weeks just to sort through everything. And one of the coolest things was that I got to meet new bloggers and some of the authors of blogs that I've been following for quite a while. It's always nice to put a face to a name.

Those that I follow were even speakers. A few of them included Brian Clark of Copyblogger, Darren Rowse of ProBlogger, Wendy Piersall of Sparkplugging, and Marcus Goodyear, Senior Editor of The High Calling. Check out their sites when you get the chance.

In future posts, I'll share some really great Christian resources for Christian bloggers that I discovered at the conference, along with other general bloggings tips and tricks. I'll even share a little of my vacation in Las Vegas. And don't worry - my husband and I had seriously G-Rated fun! There was none of that raunchy stuff going in Vegas for us. I can talk about what happened in Vegas!

Wishing you "Blessings from Above,"
Denise
If you were blessed by this post, please leave me a comment or share it with others by clicking on the "Share" button.
Bookmark and Share

No comments: