Technorati's Richard Jalichandra shared some interesting statistics from the State of the Blogosphere 2008 report at BlogWorld in Las Vegas, NV, last week. Here are some of the things I learned from his presentation.
- 1.2 million bloggers are registered with Technorati (as of 9/20/08)
- Two-thirs are male based on a 1,300 person study of people from around the world.
- 50% surveyed were ages 18-34.
- 70% considered themselves personal bloggers as opposed to those blogging for a business.
- 1 in 4 bloggers spend 10 hours a week blogging.
- The top 100 bloggers post 10 times a day (wow!)
- Top bloggers use five or more activities to promote their blogs.
- Popular bloggers post 81 times or more a month.
- Popular brands are now reaching out to bloggers. One-third of those surveyed have been approached by brands.
- Top bloggers interact with their audience by hosting an online or in-person event.
To learn more interesting statistics on blogging, visit the State of the Blogosphere 2008. Take notice that this is a report broken up into five different days. Be sure to read the intro and all five days.
Isn't it cool that God gave us the Blogosphere to reach other people and the tools to figure out who is participating in the world of blogging? I am definately in the right generation!
My next post will feature ways to monetize your blog. There was a lot of great information on that at BlogWorld.
Wishing you "Blessings from Above,"
If you were blessed by this post, please leave me a comment or share it with others by clicking on the "Share" button.