Pages

Friday, October 31, 2008

What's Good in My Life?

Every once in a while I have to take a step back and think about what good things God has placed in my life. After all, this website is supposed to be about blessings right? So as the author, what I am blessed with? Well, plenty that's for sure.

A few weeks ago, I was feeling in the dumps about the topic of friends. I've had a lot of friends come and go in my life and for reasons I couldn't control. Some were jealous. Some felt inadequate and didn't think they were living a moral enough life to be friends with a Christian (yep, I really did lose a friend for that reason). Others just moved and our friendship just drifted off into the sunset. Thinking about this left me quite down. I really miss some of those people that helped shape my life.

Then I went to my job at a local university here in Jersey and God reminded me that what's in the past is in the past. When I came into work a good friend of mine who I became friendly with almost as soon as I started there 3 1/2 years ago, gave me a beautiful bracelet that she made. She is a very crafty person and started beading recently. I admired the bracelet she made for herself and asked her to make me one so I could buy it. Within a day she had whipped up a new one and flat out gave it to me. Now that bracelet is probably worth at least $40! Wasn't that nice of her? And let me tell ya, it's gorgeous. Now that is a friend.

That same day I met a husband and wife for lunch at our university restaurant. They are quite a kind couple that I hadn't seen in a while. My husband had him as a professor many years ago when he attended the school as a student. Years later, I met him and his wife on a tour to Europe that we all went on. We had a great time with them and have kept in touch over the years. When we went to lunch we talked about everything under the sun and when it was time to leave, they treated me to lunch. Yet another way that God reminded me that I truly do have some good friends in my life.

It's important to pay attention to these little things and try to realize why they are happening. They don't just happen by coincidence. God is truly behind these things. He wants to make us happy and he really did that day as he reminded me that not only is he my friend, but that I have many Earthly friends as well.

So what's good in your life? Feel free to share with me and my readers all the blessings in your life. Hopefully this will make you stop and think about what those things are. Trust me! They are plenty of things if you think about it for a second.

To share your story in 600 words or less, simply email me at: dendiv@yahoo.com

Wishing you "Blessings from Above,"


If you were blessed by this post, please leave me a comment or share it with others by clicking on the "Share" button.Bookmark and Share

No comments: