Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Be careful

Cousin Stacey's little girl, Karlee, yelled "Go! Go! And beee caaareful" as my mother-in-law and I left their house after a Tupperware party. A storm just rolled in lighting up our world with lightening, thunder, and what seemed likes buckets of rain.

My mother-in-law and I drove separetly, following each other home most of the way. After she turned down her street, I only had a 10 minute drive. Perched at the edge of my seat, my nose was only a few inches from the windshield - the rain was coming down so hard I wouldn't have been able to see otherwise. About three minutes from my house, the sky lit up, and for a brief second, I could see an enormous tree falling right down on me as I was driving. Lighting must have hit it. The lighting went away and I couldn't see anything, but I knew the tree was on it's way down. Reacting quickly I began to swerve to the right of the road just as the tip of the tree hit and cracked my windshields and took out the mirror on the driver's side view mirror before landing behind my car. It must have rested in the street because I noticed traffic had stopped.

I caught my breath realizing that I was fine it was just my little red Pontiac that took a bit of a beating. My husband and father-in-law were waiting in the garage when I pulled up. I got out to find the hood dented and pieces of the tree embedded in my windshield.

The insurance adjuster asked me, "Do you know how lucky you are?" And I just smiled. I know I was blessed by God! He kept me safe.

Wishing you "Blessings from Above"
Denise

1 comment: