Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2008

A New Church

My church, The Word, is a fairly new church, only in existence for about four years now. When we first started going to The Word I was little reluctant. Although I knew Pastor Buz for quite a while through a college age group that he use to run called The Bridge, I was a little hesitant to go there because things weren't established. Having been raised in the Catholic church, I was use to things being set in stone. Now I was considering going to a non-denominational church that was just finding its way.

Then I realized that that's what makes the church such a blessing. We're able to create new programs and ministries that weren't in existence before. And there is very little criticism because it's never been done before so there is no comparisons. I am able to step forward and help with things or take the lead on things without being told, "No, that's not the way we do things." In my opinion, that's a great benefit to the congregation. I am glad to be a part of The Word!

Wishing you "Blessings from Above,"
Denise

No comments: