Pages

Monday, January 7, 2008

Tapper


As soon as I walked through the door, I saw them. Sitting in a cage with a bright light on them were three of the cutest, fluffiest lop-eared bunnies that I had ever seen. "Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwww," was the first thing out of my mouth. I knew one of these Holland Lop rabbits were coming home with me it was just a matter of which one. I stepped up to the cage, put my hand in, and began to pet them. The first one didn't have much of a personality. The second sniffed me for a moment but wasn't really all that interested in being bothered. The third little guy, however, was climbing over the others backs to get a lick of my wrist. It was as if he was saying, "Pick me! Pick me!" I took him out of the cage and played with him for a while. He licked me to death! It wasn't long before I realized that he was "the one." We brought him home a little over a year ago in a laundry basket and drove him home in our Corvette. The poor thing sat still for the entire two hour ride (Yep! We drove that far for him!) and shook from the idling of the car when we stopped at traffic lights.

The breeder we bought him from said that pets sometimes pick their owners but she's never seen anything like the way our little bunny "demanded" to be taken home. I am glad "Tapper" picked us. His mere being is such a blessing. What a little joy! You'll hear plenty more about him in future posts.

Wishing you "Blessings from Above,"
Denise

No comments: