Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Secret Sister

I've recently started a Secret Sister program at my church and almost 50 ladies have signed up. I've traded their names and gave them a Secret Sister that they are to pray for, and if they want, they can send cards and leave gifts. Someone else has their name and does the same for them. This program will last for six months and, of course, the sisters are to remain a secret. At the end of the program, we'll have a luncheon where we'll get to meet each other and hopefully we'll remain friends from that point forward.

What a blessing this program has been to me and the other ladies of the church. I was thrilled to see an entire large table filled with colorful gift bags and cards for other Secret Sisters for Easter. People that aren't even participating in the program received gifts. And the kindness keeps on going - several women haven't heard from their Secret Sister so others in the program are taking on the responsibility. No one wants anyone to be left out.

I've been very fortunate to have a very active Sister. She seems real detailed oriented and somewhat crafty. She's left me a scrap booked bookmark, a Christian inspired book, a colorful mug with a matching journal. Even the gift bag and the curly ribbon matched! Best of all though, she's written in her cards that she is praying for me daily which means more than anything. I love that I don't even know this women and she is taking time out to think of me. That is a hard thing to find now days in a world where we are always tied up with things that have to be done. And it is most appreciated.

If you are interested in starting a Secret Sister, visit my article on AssociatedContent.com on how to go about it and how to plan the lunch at the end of the program.

Starting the program: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/597277/starting_a_secret_sister_program_at.html

Planning the lunch:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/605841/how_to_plan_a_luncheon_for_your_churchs.html

Enjoy! Blessings!
Wishing you "Blessings from Above,"
Denise

2 comments:

Daylle Deanna Schwartz said...

What a great idea! I'm sure you all feel very blessed by it.

Kelinci said...

Nice posting.
Kelinci
Holland Lop