Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2008


Tuesday - Blessing Others - suggestions how you can be a blessing to others.

Learning is one of my favorite things to do - it's become quite a hobby actually. I've been in school in the structured school setting for my Associate, Bachelor's and Master's degree. And all the while I was taking those classes, I was taking classes for fun in my spare time. My life was and sometimes still is, one big class. Basket weaving (yes, seriously!), Financial planning, photography are among my top favorite.

After I achieved my Master's degree in Writing in May of 2007, I swore I'd never take another class. Those who know me well knew that wouldn't last long. Before I knew it I found myself in a training class to be a volunteer at a local animal shelter and I often attend trainings at my job (at a University of course!) that I am not even required to take. Then of course there are wine classes and the possibility of glass blowing courses in my future. Like I said, I really love to learn.

But what does this have to do with blessings? Well for starters, God has given me the ambition to learn new things and better myself. Without realizing it my life has really been improved because of these classes. I've made new friends, embarked on many social outings, written articles on my new found knowledge, and created beautiful things I can be proud of and pass along to future family.

I am also very future that we have access to such wonderful things in our country. Many in other areas of the world are struggling just to survive and here, I have so many things to take advantage of. I don't have a long enough life to explore all of the things that I could!

And finally, and post importantly, I blessed by those who have the knowledge and better still, are willing to share it. Today's theme is how to be a blessing to others and that's exactly how you can do it - by taking the time to share something with someone else that could ultimately help improve their lives, get a better job, or maybe just make a new friend. To you it may just be transferring knowledge from your brain to someone else's, but to someone else, that knowledge can be life alter.

And you don't need some biggie big skill to teach others. It can be a simple as teaching how to do domestic chores efficiently or grocery shopping 101. It really can help someone else. Be a blessing to others - be their teacher in some way.

Thanks to all the wonderful teachers that I've had and that are currently in my life. You are a blessing.

Wishing you "Blessings from Above,"
Denise

No comments: