Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Blessings Others - Dog Sledding


Tuesday - Blessing Others

I've been away for several days in the Poconos Mountains in Pennsylvania so I haven't been able to blog for a while. That's ok though. I had a great trip and was richly blessed while I was away. This works nicely since Tuesdays are "Blessings Others" day on my blog.

While Nick and I were away we did several fun activities including snowmobiling and dog sledding - that latter being my favorite! What a wonderful thing to do that you can't find every where. When I found out they run a business at the Pocono Manor Inn Resort, I just had to do it. Sure it was a little pricey but that didn't matter to me. And I am glad we did it! We were blessed to have had the chance.

Seven sweet Siberian Husky dogs and their owners took us out on the snowy terrain for a fun-filled ride that lasted a little over an hour. We heard a little bit about the dog's past and had fun watching as their owners picked one-by-one who would be the lucky ones that would have the honor pulling our sled. Each howled and scratched their paws in the snow to signal they wanted to be one of the chosen ones.

After all six runners were in place, the lead dog took his place in the very front to do the leading, but not before checking out who was part of the pack! He checked everyone out to see who he was leading.

Not only were we blessed by this wonderful experience and these sweet dogs, we were blessed by an act of kindness from the owners of the business. You see, the day we went, the sun was shining and it was 50 degrees. Much of the snow had started to melt affecting our ride and slowing down the dogs. Although we weren't complaining a bit, the owners felt bad and decided to give us a free ride next season. How very nice! We'll remember them and surely go back.

They blessed in a tremendous way by giving us memories and by offering a chance to make more memories, free of charge. See? Small acts of kindness is all it takes.

Next Tuesday we'll take a look at identifying ways to bless others.

Wishing you "Blessings from Above,"
Denise

No comments: