Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Blessings Inspirations - Psalm 128:2

Wednesday - Blessing Inspirations - a look at Bible verses and quotes on the topic of Blessings.

I love what Psalm 128:2 in the National International Version (NIV) of the Bible says. It reads:

"You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours."
- The Bible (NIV version)

I believe that verse is saying to us that if we work hard at whatever we are doing we will be blessed in many ways and will really enjoy those blessings. As my previous Pastor, Pastor Russ, use to say, "Bloom where you are planted," meaning that we should work hard at whatever we are doing and do it well. As we can see the Bible says, in so many words or less, work hard and God will reward you.

I can see this reflected in my own life as I've worked hard at establishing a new home within the last few years, I've gone on to obtain a Master's degree in Writing, I've worked hard at establishing relationships at church and on my job, and I've taken on the role as a wife. After approaching these things with positiveness and determination (most of the time anyway!) God has blessed my with a wonderful part-time job at a local university that I've always wanted to work at, has given me the time to start on a new goal of freelance writing, has provided me with many new and wonderful friends, and has given me a really great marriage.

What things have God rewarded you with for all your labor? Do an inventory and I bet you will see a lot of things God has done for you.

Wishing you "Blessings from Above,"
Denise

No comments: